Sunday, September 19, 2010



Wow...it's been a month since my last post. And a very busy month at that!


During that time, we have put solar panels on our house. We've been told to expect our electric bill to be cut in half. We will see the 1st bill with the solar reflected next month. Time will tell if we made the right choice in putting the panels on the house.


We were also affected by Hurricane Hermine...mostly wind and rain here. Thank god the solar panel installation was complete before the storm hit (all that was needed was for the city to hook us up to the grid). We got about a week to dry out....and now we are dealing with the effects of Hurricane Karl - again mostly rain. So much for solar panels, when all it does is rain! LOL


I am also involved with our HOA (Welcome Committee). Once a month a group of us get together and make our rounds to all the new families in the neighborhood welcoming them with a small package of home baked goods and local information. I spent an entire afternoon making about 23 dozen cookies (Golden Raisin).


During that time, I've also spent working on my Dance of the Graces. I can't believe it took me the entire month to get page 11 done. But done it is.... This is really starting to shape up. I'm at the point now, where I don't want to put it down.
I've also been working on my Pumpkin exchange for TTE2. I've just about got that finished and ready for the mail. I won't post the picture of that goodie until I've received confirmation that my partner has received it in the mail.

No comments: