Friday, January 28, 2011

HEAD Update

Another page of the Dance of the Graces done. Two and half pages to go and this row will be done. There is only one more row above this and once that is done, the picture will be half way there! It's moving right along!



Sorry about the poor picture quality....the lighting was bad. It's getting harder and harder to get the whole thing in the picture.....It really is quite a large piece.

Well....the material I was waiting on for the cookbook project came in. And...well....I'm disappointed in it....it is totally unsuitable for the project. The color is NOT at all what I was expecting it to be. I guess that's the chance you take when you order from the internet. Sure wish my LNS hadn't recently closed. Now I'm forced to buy ALL my linens/evenweaves online. I much prefer to "SEE" what I'm getting "BEFORE" I buy..... So, I'm back to the drawing board with purchasing that "perfect" material. Between mom & I, I think we may have found the right one....now I once again have to wait til payday to buy it.....come on Monday!

Until then, I'm starting another very small project for a friend. Her Birthday is in March and I will be stitching a small picture for her. I have chosen a pattern out of the Cross-stitch and Needlework Magazine. Should work up quickly and I should be able to show you something next time.

Until then, Happy Stitching!

2 comments:

Bonnie said...

Dance of the Graces is totally awesome. I am in awe of anyone who stitches a HAED. I have started 3 different ones and I guess I am not one to stitch such large time consuming pieces.
I have the most progress on Breast Cancer Fairy.

Honeybee (Melissa) said...

Thanks Bonnie....This is the first one I've ever done...been working on it for two and half years now....but two years of it I was employed full time. Now that I'm retired, I'm getting more stitched on it.

I'll have to go take a look at the Breast Cancer Fairy.....seems like I know that title.....Is it a Lee Ann Seed piece?