Monday, September 17, 2012

Getting back into the Swing of things....(picture intensive)

  Sorry it's been sooo long since my last update.   No, I  haven't dropped off the face of the earth!  But I have been quite busy!  Now that things are (hopefully) winding down, I'll be able to keep up with this blog better!

  Since the first of the year I have stitched 5 special projects...one of which has already been given to the receipient.  The other 4 won't be given until Thanksgiving!  Pictures of those 4 will have to wait until they have been given.   But let me tell you,  I'm going to have a very HARD time letting those pieces go to the people that they were intended for!  I love how they turned out that much!  

 
  Here's the one that was given though.....the Sea Babies Afgan.  This was stitched for a young lady that grew up with my DD.  She had her 1st child just after Independence day.  A BEAUTIFUL little girl!

  I also did an exchange at Sampler World on Facebook.  Made a pincusion for Ann Mejais using a motif from Ink Circles Metamorphosis on 28 ct Monaco.  Turned out really well.  

 

 
  In exchange I received a lovely Quaker Pinkeep from Tania O'Connor Kleckner.  It is my 1st Quaker piece!   She did such a lovely job on the stitching!   I absolutely LOVE it!
 
 
 
  On the stitching front I've been doing several different things,   I've continued with HEAD SK Blue Moon, HEAD Dance of the Graces (although not much progress on either of these have been done). 
 

 


      I also joined in on the 2012 Passion Ricamo Mystery SAL.  This is a 12 month SAL where a portion of the pattern will be released on the 1st of each month.  So far 3 parts have been released.  I have only stitched 2 of the parts to date.  Hope to have the 3rd part done before the 4th part is released on the 1st.
 
 
  I am also doing the Lizzy Kate Very Scary Mystery SAL!  I am missing one color, Clockwork.  But other than that, the first two parts are done. 
 
 
 
 
  And finally, but not least,  I'm working on my 1st Hardanger.   A Brides Purse for DD's wedding in November.  I've almost got this done.  Just lacking the final round of beads and the lining.  Once that is done, I can make the cuts and attach the satin ribbon.  So far it's not been as hard as I thought it would be!
 
 
   Well......I think I've taken up enough of your time for now my friends.....Until the next time!   Have a great stitchy day!
                                

1 comment:

stitchersanon said...

Wow, so many things on the go. Lovely finishes..inspiring.