Monday, October 21, 2013

Rollercoaster of Emotions

I know it has been quite some time since I last updated this blog.   There has been a lot of upheaval here recently.  Some of it good....some bad....

As some of you may remember,  in August we were expecting the imminent arrival of our first grandson.  This was the Good....  Ethan Daniel arrived in the very early morning hours of August 17th.  At the whopping weight of 8 lbs 13.6 ozs, 22 in long.....he was a BIG boy!   Looks just like his daddy!  He has definately stolen our hearts!

While we were in Indiana welcoming our grandson into the world, we got a frantic call from my mom saying that my dad had just been admitted to the hospital with congestive heart failure.  Then begins the frantic drive back to San Antonio.   Because we inherited my daughters cat, who took an instant dislike to Ethan and also because I needed to get an allergy shot before I could join my family in Phoenix.

Unfortunately, a little over a week after I got there Dad passed away during an angioplasty procedure.  I am thankful that I got to spend some time with him before the end.  But god how I miss him!  He was our family's rock!

As a result, my stitching mojo has just about disappeared.  However, I am forcing myself to work on a baby afgan that needs to be done before the end of the year.  It is just hard to work on it, as I started it while dad was in the hospital.

Here is what the afgan looked like before the weekend.....

And what it looks like now..... I am backstitching as I go.


I also made some progress on Dance of the Graces before all this started......


And also finished Little House Needleworks Mystery Sampler.....



Until next time my friends......Have a good day!


6 comments:

stitchersanon said...

Oh my goodness; no wonder you have lost your mojo! On the one hand you should be happy because of the amazingly gorgeous new arrival of your grandson (who is indeed as wonderful as you say) and on the other you are grieving: a real mish mash of emotions. Oh bless you. I am so very sorry you are having such a hard time right now. I wish I had a magic wand but I don't. All I can do is send you a hug from rainy Ireland. I know your father will be watching over his great grandson from a far better place than here and I will keep you and your family in my prayers.

diamondc said...

I am sad for your loss, I hope your trasition is easy and smooth.
Congratulations on your new grandson.
Catherine

Terri said...

So sorry for your loss!! My father and sister passed away 2.5 years ago and I still miss them terribly!

Hugs and prayers!!

Tazura Seiple said...

Congratulations on your newest arrival, and my condolences on your loss. At least you were able to spend time with your father before he left you.

*HUGS* *HUGS* *HUGS*

Deb said...

So sorry about your dad. Words can not express.
The new life takes his place and I hope you can take great comfort in this. Congratulations on your new grand child"
The blanket is adorable. Love the HAED. Very pretty. Lively work all around.

Zurainny Ismail said...

I am so sorry for your loss, please accept my condolences. The arrival of your grandson is a blessing and he will fill the void, in his own way.