Friday, April 8, 2011

As you can see I managed to the get the crane finished and framed. Turned out rather well if I say so myself! I have also given it to my friend Patty. She really liked it and was surprised. She already has it up on the wall in her kitchen. I have also managed to get 7 of the 10 utencil pieces stitched. Most of them have the embellishments on them, while a couple still need them. I'll wait on finishing the embellishments until I have the rest stitched up as I only have 1 more week to go before I leave for Phoenix. If I have to, I'll do the embellishments after I get to Phoenix. I can't wait till this is done as I am starting to get bored with the pattern. Course it doesn't help that I really WANT to work on my Dance of the Graces instead. But I know if I pick THAT up, the other won't get done before I leave for Phoenix next week. SIGH. I came across a REALLY good recipe in my Jan/Feb 2011 issue of Eating Well magazine that I want to share with you:
Lemon-Rosemary Turkey Meatballs


1 med onion, cut into chucks

2 lg cloves garlic, smashed & peeled

2 teaspoons freshly grated lemon zest

2 tablespoons chopped fresh rosemary (1 1/4 teaspoon dried); divided

1 lb 93% lean ground turkey

3/4 c frsh breadcrumbs; preferably whole-wheat

1/3 c freshly grated Parmeasan cheese

3/4 teaspoon kosher salt, divided

1/4 teaspoon freshly ground pepper, plus more to taste

1/4 c all-purpose flour

2 teaspoons extra-virgin olive oil

1/2 c dry white wine (or subsitute more chicken broth)

1 14 oz can reduced sodium chicken broth

4 teaspoons lemon juice

1 tablespoon butter


Place onion, garlic & lemon zest in a food processor. Add 1 tablespoon fresh rosemary (or 1 teaspoon dried) and pulse just until the mixture is finely and evely chopped (but not mushy).


Transfer the mixture to a medium bowl and gently mix in turkey, breadcrumbs, Parmesan, 1/2 teaspoon salt and pepper until combined. Use a generous 2 tablespoons each to shape the mixture into 12 meatballs (about 1 1/2 inches in diameter). Place flour in a shallow dish and roll the meatballs in it to lightly coat. (Reserve the remaining flour.)


Heat oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Reduce heat to medium, add meatballs and cook, turning once, until brown, 3-5 minutes total. Transfer to a plate.


Add wine (or 1/2 cup broth) to the pan, increase heat to medium-high and cook, scraping up any browned bits, until amost evaporated, 1-3 minutes. Add the can of broth and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to maintain a simmer and return the meatballs to the pan along with the remaining 1 tablespoon fresh rosemary (or 1/4 teaspoon dried). Cover and cook until the meatballs are cooked through, 8-10 minutes. Remove the meatballs to a serving bowl.


Bring the sause to a boil over medium-high heat and cook until reduced to 1 cup, 4-8 minutes. Whisk lemon juice and 1 tablespoon of the reserved flour in a small bowl (discard any remaining flour); whisking constanly, add the flour mixture to the sauce along with the butter and the remaining 1/4 teaspoon salt. Simmer, whisking, until slightly thickened, 1-2 minutes. Strain the sauce through a fine-mesh sieve. Serve the sauce over the meatballs.


Serves 4 (3 meatballs and about 1/4 cup sauce ea)

Active time 50 minutes / total 50 minutes

Per serving: 346 calories; 15g fat (5g sat, 3g mono); 78mg cholesterol; 20g carbohydrates; 0g added sugars; 29g protein; 2g fiber; 641mg sodium; 446mg potassium


No comments: